Monday, June 15, 2015

The 30 Day Resident Evil Challenge - Day 1

Q: Favorite Resident Evil game?




A: Resident Evil 4. 

-----

Resident Evil 4 is arguably my favorite game in the Resident Evil franchise. It was the first game in the Resident Evil series that I played. It was also the first "scary" game that I played and also introduced me to the genre of modern day survival horror. To me, Resident Evil 4 plays a huge part into what influenced me to play what it is that I play today. 



When I played it as a younger kid, I definitely wasn't any good at it. But I remember being absolutely mesmerized by the game nonetheless. Leon Kennedy was my first real (and also most long standing) big video game crush. It's a game that I find myself able to easily talk about with other people who also share the love of this game. 


I'm not going to argue that Resident Evil 4 is the best game in the entire franchise, but to me, it has a special place in my heart and has remained my favorite since it game out over 10 years ago. Even though I think that nostalgia plays a big part in my love of the game, I honestly believe that it would be a game that I would love regardless of if I had played it as a young girl or as an adult.

I always try my very hardest to try and convince others who may not have played Resident Evil or those who may not be sold on this game to give it a try. 




-----


No comments:

Post a Comment