Tuesday, June 16, 2015

The 30 Day Resident Evil Challenge - Day 2

Q: Least favorite villain?



A: Jack Norman (Resident Evil: Revelations)

-----

It was hard for me to pick my least favorite because there are a lot that I'm not fond of. I almost forgot about this guy because he's just so.. forgettable. Most Resident Evil villains at the very least have some sort of redeeming feature, but I can't really think of any with Mr. Norman. A lot of notable villains leave a lasting impression. You hate them, but you also like them in your own sort of twisted way. Without them, the story wouldn't be the same. I really feel like none of these things are true or apply to Jack Norman's character or his role in Revelations.

Throughout most of the game, he's not even really the main focus and seems to be more of a sub villain who only really becomes prominent in the late game. Then you fight him at the end of the game and you're saying to yourself, "Oh... okay. Sure. Why not, I guess?" Not to mention that the battle against this guy is ridiculous, tedious and frustrating. He pulled out all of the cheap shots all at once.


The back story that you learn about him throughout the course of the story is also very dry. Lastly, I'm annoyed at the fact that his only real reason for bio terrorism is because "the world and the people in it are bad" and "because I can." Of course, there is also a bit of a revenge angle as well, but in comparison to what some other prominent Resident Evil villains wanted.. his motives just seem, well, lame. 

Resident Evil: Revelations has so many redeemable features.. but this guy was lousy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment